With the continuous progress of science and technology, the space that human beings can travel is more and more extensive. From the tropics to the frigid zone, from the plains to the plateau, from the ocean to space, etc., this makes the environment encountered in the storage, transportation and use of various products more and more complex.
In order to ensure that the product can adapt to these complex and harsh environment, the product from the development of the need to consider its future may encounter environmental conditions. Various measures taken in the component selection, structural design, manufacturing and assembly processes of the product, so that it can adapt to the requirements of the environment. Environmental testing is an activity to verify that a product is capable of maintaining functional reliability under the expected working environment.
The Importance of Environmental Testing
Environmental testing is actually the exposure of products to the natural environment or artificially simulated environment to evaluate the performance under storage, transportation and use conditions that they may actually encounter. The suitability and tolerability of the product under various environmental conditions can be observed by using environmental test chamber. It can eliminate early failures, fully expose potential defects of products, and provide information for product improvement and maintenance. Provides validation data and valid information for failure analysis. Continuously improve product quality during the cycle of discovery → analysis → correction.
Impact of Environmental Testing on Products
In general, the environmental test is a combined test consisting of one or two different sets of test items. This combined test consists primarily of a series of single factor test items that simulate a single environmental impact. The effects of each single-factor test that simulates a single environmental impact on the product generally have an impact on subsequent environmental testing.
If the interaction and constraints between environmental test projects are not considered, the arbitrary implementation of the test project will seriously affect the credibility and comparability of environmental test results.Therefore, in order to be able to arrange the environmental test sequence more reasonably. We must have a deeper understanding of the impact of various single environmental factors on the product.
Sequential Arrangement of Environmental Tests
- Low pressure test is less destructive to the product. The sequence of experiments is often first. If other tests (high and low temperature test, mechanical test and solar radiation test) have a great impact on the low pressure effect of the sample. These tests should be scheduled prior to the low pressure test.
- Low temperature tests usually do not cause permanent damage to the sample. This is often scheduled early in the trial. The low temperature test will have a great impact on the low pressure test results of the seal.
- High temperature tests are usually performed early in the test. The high temperature test will greatly help to enhance the low pressure test of the seal, and the damage caused makes the device more sensitive to vibration. At the same time, the high temperature test will permanently weaken the vibration and impact resistance of the equipment.
- Temperature shock tests are generally performed after high and low temperature tests.
- The temperature humidity test is potentially damaging to the sample. In order to assess whether the moisture-proof materials after the temperature and vibration tests have met the expected requirements. The temperature humidity test is usually scheduled after the temperature and vibration tests. The damp heat test should not use the same sample as the salt spray test and the mold test. If one sample must be used for the above 3 tests. The test should be conducted in the order of one destructive enhancement of temperature and humidity, mould and salt spray.
- The vibration test can be carried out at any time during the test. However, if the influence of stress accumulation due to vibration is to be evaluated, the vibration test should be performed first.
- The impact test was arranged before the climate test. This arrangement of test sequences is advantageous for the sample. On the contrary, it can more clearly show the sensitive weather defects of the sample.
The choice of environmental testing and its sequence is a complex and comprehensive problem. Failure to reasonably arrange the test sequence will result in untrue test results. In addition, it will seriously affect the credibility and comparability of environmental test results.
Last but not least, good test equipment is as important as the sequence of environmental tests. We are an environmental test chamber and battery testing equipment manufacturer with 14 years of production and development experience.By the way, if you need environmental test chamber or battery testing equipment, please contact us!