The walk-in test chamber is specifically designed to perform temperature and humidity testing on products and materials to ensure it meets the certified safety and performance requirements. The walk-in test chamber is designed in different sizes along with necessary features that are necessary for testing heat, cooling, humidity endurance of your development for safety and performance. The walk-in test chamber comes in different sizes, from the small chamber that can fit on top of a table to the large room size testing chambers.
However, the benchtop test chamber (also call the small environmental chamber) is quite different from the walk-in test chamber based on its appearance and features. The benchtop test chambers are very suitable for performing both humidity and temperature tests on products and materials to ensure adequate performance and safety. Both the walk-in test chamber and benchtop test chambers serve the same purpose, which is the testing of products and materials capabilities by subjecting it to different temperature conditions for a thorough evaluation. The benchtop test chambers are very portable and small in size, making it easy to perform tests on a small amount of space. As the name sounds, the benchtop test chamber can easily fit on top of a bench or table.
What are the walk-in test chamber and benchtop test chamber used for?
The walk-in test chamber type of temperature and humidity chamber is designed for testing the capability of heat, cold, dryness, and humidity of products and materials. The walk-in test chamber comes with quality features and controls that are suitable to test products effectively under any condition. The walk-in test chamber comes in different varieties of sizes, which makes it suitable for testing large and small objects. For the large room walk-in test chambers, products and materials can also be tested in batches simultaneously, being beneficial to manufacturing industries. The walk-in test chamber can stimulate temperature during the testing process ranging from -60°C to 90°C, which can vary depending on the machine features.
Testing products with the walk-in test chamber is similar to the benchtop test chamber when it comes to machine testing features. However, for the products and materials, the benchtop test chambers are not suitable for large product testing.
Type of tests performed in the walk-in test chamber and benchtop test chamber
walk-in test chambers are used in performing testing on products that require large testing chambers. For small products, it can be subjected to batch testing inside the walk-in test chamber. The benchtop test chamber is suitable for testing small products due to its portability and small design size. However, when it comes to the type of test that both walk-in test chamber and benchtop test chamber can perform, it includes:
- Storage test
- Altitude test
- Vibration test
- Temperature and humidity tests
- Salt spray and salt forge testing
walk-in test chambers serve the need of performing climatic tests on complex and huge equipment that will be hard to test other test machines. Walk-in test chamber and benchtop test chambers come with high-level technology that is efficient in boosting the testing process of products.
The features of the Walk-in test chamber and benchtop test chamber
Both the walk-in test chamebr and benchtop test chamber stimulates different climates and environments for evaluating product safety and quality. The walk-in test chamebr and benchtop test chamber comes with efficient technological components that are superior for conducting temperature and relative humidity product tests.
Features of the walk-in test chamber and benchtop test chamber include:
- Chamber is equipped with doors and windows with extensive heat insulation for observation, which size may vary depending on the test chamber size.
- LED, LCD, or RH display along with sensors for touch commands.
- The chamber contains air compressors and condensers for controlling the temperature inside the system.
- USB, Ethernet, Bluetooth, and Wifi for sending files and commands to the system. Not all test chamber comes with these features.
- Remote controller for receiving commands.
- Chamber compartment with racks and shelves for keeping specimens stable.
- Access plugs and ports for connections, etc.
The above features of the walk-in test chamber and benchtop test chambers determine the machine capabilities, according to temperature and relative humidity during the testing process. There’s not much difference in terms of features between the walk-in test chamber and benchtop test chamber because as technology advancement continues, each test machine comes with different features, which makes it suitable for performing tests.
Choosing between the walk-in test chamber and benchtop test chamber
Determining the type of machine suitable for each product testing is based on the size and features of the testing chamber. Based on the products to be tested, thorough research and evaluation of different test chambers are necessary when choosing between the walk-in test chamber and benchtop test chamber.
In most cases, for testing large-size products, it’s recommended to make use of the walk-in test chamber because of its ability to accommodate big products and materials such as refrigerators, cars, etc. Therefore, determining the size of products or materials that will be tested on the test chamber is necessary when choosing between walk-in test chamber and benchtop test chamber. For manufacturing industries that produce products and materials of different sizes, it’s necessary to choose a test chamber that can accommodate the testing of large and small size objects like the walk-in test chambers.
The benchtop test chamber is durable and efficient when testing small size products or specimens at the initial stage of development accurately. Therefore, before making the final choice of choosing between the walk-in test chamber and benchtop test chamber, it’s necessary to take the time of evaluating the testing features and the storage needs of your product or material, which includes:
- The construction material of the chamber will determine whether its suitable for high-temperature applications. It’s relative humidity range, which can vary in test chambers.
- External and internal features of the test chamber, such as air compressors and condensers for lowering and increasing temperatures when needed. Power of the test machine in the heating and cooling of the chamber system during the testing process.
- Choose chamber with trending features and latest technological upgrade that includes touch LCD or LED, RH displays, sensors, etc.
- Ensure that the chamber has wielded walls and fitted doors with gaskets that will prevent leakage when testing products. Check whether the test chamber is fitted with a perfect filter exhaust for removing harming airs or gases when performing tests.